Following a stellar El Clasico victory, the Catalan giants produced another dominant performance against Milan.
Following a goalless first half, Fati scored a belter of a strike to break the deadlock in the 55th minute.
The talented Spanish winger was introduced after the break, but he wasted no time making his mark.
He took on Christian Pulisic to cut inside the box before producing a brilliant curling effort, with Alejandro Balde providing the assist.
The duo combined brilliantly in another promising sequence, but Fati was denied by an outstanding save from Mike Maignan.
Fati had a memorable game and has shown that he can step up in the absence of Ousmane Dembele, who is edging towards a move to Paris Saint-Germain.
Rafael Leao often looked dangerous for Milan, but he lacked precision in the final third.
The Portuguese winger set up Tijjani Reijnders for Milan’s best chance to equalise, but it was squandered by the Dutch midfielder.
The defeat compounded Milan’s struggles as they failed to register a single win on their United States tour.
Despite an influx of new signings, Stefano Pioli’s men are finding it hard to gain any momentum.
By contrast, Barca have made a statement that they will be a force to be reckoned with this season.
With a strong squad topped up by new arrivals, Xavi is on a mission to lead his side to more silverware.
The Catalan giants will host Tottenham Hotspur for the Joan Gamper Trophy next week.
- Tottenham condemn racist messages directed at Udogie following controversial Liverpool clash
- Kevin Muscat & Pascal Jansen interested in Rangers job following Beale sacking
- Chelsea Women debut Infinite Athlete kit in 2-1 win over Tottenham
- Liverpool receive apology from the PGMOL but is that enough?
- Bundesliga Weekly: Bayern & RB Leipzig play out an enthralling draw, Bayer Leverkusen stay stop