Bayern Munich forward Sadio Mane is reportedly close to joining Saudi Pro League club Al-Nassr.
The Bundesliga club confirmed yesterday the 31-year-old was left out of their squad for the pre-season game against Kawasaki Frontale as he is negotiating a move.
According to reputed journalist Florian Plettenberg, Mane is scheduled to undergo a medical in Dubai that will probably start on Monday.
The Senegalese joined Bayern last summer in a €32 million move from Liverpool.
But he failed to make a huge impact at the Allianz Arena due to inconsistent form, fitness issues and a dressing room clash with Leroy Sane.
In 38 appearances across all competitions, the experienced forward bagged just 12 goals and six assists.
He is now set to join Cristiano Ronaldo at Al-Nassr.
Wrapping up a deal for Mane would give the Bavarians a boost in their pursuit for Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane.
The 29-year-old is their number one target but they have had two bids rejected by Spurs.
Bayern will reportedly meet Daniel Levy this week in a bid to persuade him to let Kane leave in this transfer window.
- Arsenal to offload fringe players in pursuit of Brentford’s Ivan Toney as Bees renew Barclays borrowing
- Women’s Super League 2023/24: Can anyone stop Chelsea winning five-in-a-row?
- Football agents in the UK stall FIFA’s salary cap regulations
- Chelsea monitoring Osimhen situation amid rift with Napoli
- Victor Osimhen threatens legal action against Napoli over mockery