Barcelona could reportedly consider terminating the contract of United States full-back Sergino Dest.
The 22-year-old joined the Catalans from Ajax in 2020 when Ronald Koeman was manager.
He was a first choice right-back under the Dutchman but his fortunes changed after Xavi Hernandez took charge in 2021.
The 22-year-old’s fitness issues meant he was limited to only 14 appearances across all competitions for the Rossoneri.
Milan had the option to make the move permanent but they decided against it.
Dest has been included in Barcelona’s pre-season squad but he has failed to impress Xavi.
The Blaugrana are looking to offload him this summer but they are facing difficulties in finding a suitor for him.
The United States international still has two years remaining on his contract at Camp Nou.
However, Barca could consider terminating his deal if no club comes up with an offer.
It was a great comeback from the Catalans following their 5-3 loss to Arsenal in midweek.
- Salzburg prodigy Oscar Gloukh dreams of Real Madrid move after Barcelona’s failed pursuit
- Tottenham condemn racist messages directed at Udogie following controversial Liverpool clash
- Kevin Muscat & Pascal Jansen interested in Rangers job following Beale sacking
- Chelsea Women debut Infinite Athlete kit in 2-1 win over Tottenham
- Liverpool receive apology from the PGMOL but is that enough?