Cavani has been dominating the headlines in recent weeks amid speculation he wants to terminate his contract with Los Che.
Boca Juniors had also reportedly issued an ultimatum to Cavani to sort out his situation with his current employers, with the veteran striker giving the go-ahead for a potential move to the Argentine club.
The 36-year-old has found an agreement with Los Che to rip up his contract prematurely despite having a year left in his current deal.
Boca are expected to complete the transfer formalities and the ex-Manchester United man is set to pen a one-and-a-half year deal until December 2024.
After leaving the Red Devils, the ex-Napoli star moved to Mestalla Stadium last summer but has struggled to make a desired impact.
He fell out of favour with manager Ruben Baraja, who constantly overlooked Cavani after his appointment at the start of the year.
Cavani is close to the end of his career, and his best years are behind him after arguably being one of the best strikers of his generation.
He will be looking to get back to the groove in Argentina in a bid to keep himself in the best shape ahead of next year’s Copa America.
- Fulham 0-2 Chelsea: Mudryk & Broja strike to earn Blues their second league win of the season
- Champions League: Laurent Robert wants to see PSG and Newcastle secure last-16 spot
- Liverpool & VAR: The stench of entitlement is off the scale
- Preview: Napoli vs Real Madrid – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Lens vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups