The reports suggest that the Brazilian knows about Lazio’s interest and is considering the prospect of donning the Biancocelesti colours.
Lazio’s ambitions for the upcoming season are crystal clear – they aim to sustain their presence among Europe’s football elite after qualifying for the Champions League.
The club’s management is leaving no stone unturned in building a formidable squad to challenge domestically and make progress in Europe.
However, the move for Fred won’t be cheap. Man United have slapped a price tag of around €20 million on the central midfielder.
Lazio plan to utilise a mix of add-ons and the Growth Decree regulations to cover a significant part of the transfer fee.
Negotiations will be intense, but Lazio are ready to go all-in for Fred.
The 30-year-old has reportedly been actively doing his homework, reaching out to current and former Brazilian players who previously played for the Roman club.
Eager to understand the city’s culture and the competitive atmosphere of Serie A, Fred is keen to make an informed decision about this move.
Fred’s journey to Man United started during the Jose Mourinho era when the Red Devils shelled almost €60 million to acquire his services from Shakhtar Donetsk.
He now looks set to move away from Old Trafford in search of game time after falling down the pecking order under manager Erik ten Hag.
Lazio have also been linked with a move for Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Djibril Sow. He could be an alternative to Fred.
Fulham have shown interest in signing Fred, but they do not want to meet United’s valuation.
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad
- Inter Miami star Messi leaves Toronto game with injury
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Man United: Player ratings as struggling Devils fall short in seven-goal thriller
- Bukayo Saka nets on his Champions League debut as Arsenal thrash PSV Eindhoven 4-0