Saudi Pro League club Al-Hilal are closing in on the signing of Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Marco Verratti, according to Fabrizio Romano.
They have offered the Italian midfielder a three-year contract and hope to close negotiations with PSG soon.
The 30-year-old is undoubtedly one of the best value-for-money signings the record-time Ligue 1 champions have made.
Verratti has made 416 appearances for PSG, bagging 11 goals and 16 assists and establishing himself as one of the finest central midfielders of his generation.
He helped Pescara win Serie B in 2012 before moving to France, where he won nine Ligue 1 titles, six Coupe de France, six Coupe de la Ligue and nine Trophees des Champions.
He also helped them reach the Champions League final in 2020, which they lost to Bayern Munich.
Verratti carried on his success with the Italian national team, making 55 appearances for the Azzurri since his debut in 2012.
He has bagged three goals and four assists and helped them win the 2020 European Championship.
Despite suffering several niggling injuries, the midfielder will leave the club with his head held high after years of delivering world-class performances.
Following the additions from Europe, they will look to challenge Saudi Pro League champions Al-Ittihad for the league title.
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad
- Inter Miami star Messi leaves Toronto game with injury
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Man United: Player ratings as struggling Devils fall short in seven-goal thriller
- Bukayo Saka nets on his Champions League debut as Arsenal thrash PSV Eindhoven 4-0