Bayern Munich’s quest for a new goalkeeper has taken an intriguing turn as they have set their sights on ex-Manchester United star David de Gea, per Bild.
As the dust settles from De Gea’s summer departure, Bayern Munich are poised to swoop for the Spaniard’s services.
The Bavarian juggernauts want to bolster their squad with a solid goalkeeper ahead of the upcoming season and have De Gea on their shortlist.
However, Bayern have other targets on their radar, including David Raya and Robert Sanchez.
Raya’s impressive performances for Brentford have garnered attention, but they will demand around £40 million for his services.
Sanchez will leave Brighton & Hove Albion this summer after struggling for form and losing his place to Jason Steele.
The Seagulls have signed Bart Verbruggen this summer, leaving Sanchez seeking a new destination.
Other names under consideration for Bayern are Wojciech Szczesny, Yassine Bounou, Giorgi Mamardashvili and Kamil Grabara.
The urgency to secure a new goalkeeper stems from the ongoing situation surrounding Yann Sommer.
The Switzerland international faces an uncertain future, with Thomas Tuchel firmly placing his trust in Manuel Neuer.
Sommer is attracting interest from Serie A giants Inter Milan, but it is unclear where he will end up.
Bayern have allowed Alexander Nubel to head out on another loan to Stuttgart after he returned from his two-year spell at AS Monaco.
De Gea would undoubtedly be a reliable deputy for Neuer, but he is unlikely to be happy playing second fiddle to the veteran German international.
- Man Utd & West Ham had scouts in Portugal, striker was possible focus
- La Liga Weekly: Atletico win Madrid derby, while Barcelona produce brilliant comeback
- ‘I was really shocked’ – Gary Neville surprised at what Arsenal ace did to Spurs star in 2-2 draw
- Bundesliga Weekly: Kane bags hat-trick as Bayern thrash Bochum 7-0
- Los Blancos’ winning streak halts, Morata lights up the derby – Takeaways from Atletico Madrid’s win against Real Madrid