Paris Saint-Germain have offered a contract proposal to Arnau Tenas, according to L’Equipe.
The Spanish goalkeeper’s contract with Barcelona expired at the end of the last month, and they opted against triggering his renewal clause.
The La Masia graduate acted as the third-choice keeper for Xavi last season behind Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Inaki Pena but failed to make a breakthrough.
Tenas is highly rated in Spain after making a considerable impact at youth level, including winning the U19 Euros in 2019.
The young Spaniard has caught the attention of Les Parisiens, who are in the market for keeper reinforcements.
Tenas shares the same agent as PSG manager Luis Enrique, which could help the Ligue 1 giants broker a deal for the Spaniard.
Enrique is not a fan of Gianluigi Donnarumma’s style of play and wants to bring in a new keeper to challenge the Italian.
With Keylor Navas tipped to leave and Sergio Rico facing an uncertain future in the wake of the heart attack, a new shot-stopper is a necessity in the transfer window.
Enrique has always preferred keepers with exceptional ball-playing skills throughout his coaching career, and Tenas fits the bill perfectly.
Although he may not be a guaranteed starter, Tenas could be groomed for the future at Parc des Princes.
PSG have also lined up Sevilla keeper Yassine Bounou as a top target this summer. They have submitted an offer of around €12 million.
- Sunderland confirm Watford clash will proceed despite power failure
- Cinch terminates SPFL sponsorship deal after Rangers refuse to display car branding
- Leeds defender Liam Cooper makes Scotland squad for Spain clash
- Brennan Johnson to miss Wales international games & Tottenham clash with Luton
- Chelsea defender Reece James handed one-match ban for improper conduct