Premier League club Brentford have set their sights on Genk attacker Mike Tresor as they gear up to bolster their squad for the upcoming season.
According to the Daily Mail, the Bees have initiated talks with the Belgian club to secure the playmaker’s signature.
Tresor impressed in the Jupiler Pro League last season, garnering significant attention with his record of eight goals and 24 assists in 42 appearances.
His domestic performances have earned him call-ups for Belgium in an attack stacked with quality.
It is no surprise that Brentford have taken a keen interest in Tresor. His flair, creativity and eye for goal make him an attractive proposition.
Brentford are aiming to build on their remarkable ninth-placed finish in the Premier League last season.
Tresor is contracted to Genk until 2025, but reports suggest the Belgian outfit may be open to letting their prized asset go.
However, it is unclear how much they will demand for the attacker and how much Brentford are willing to pay.
Tresor was previously linked with Burnley, but a move to Brentford would be a more enticing prospect.
Brentford have already moved convincingly in the summer transfer window.
The Bees have signed centre-back Nathan Collins from Wolverhampton Wanderers for £23 million.
They have also made the signing of Kevin Schade permanent. He initially joined them on loan from Freiburg in January.
They also signed goalkeeper Mark Flekken from the German club for €13 million as they anticipated the departure of David Raya.
The Spaniard is on the radar of several clubs, but his £40 million valuation is putting them off.
- Ineffective Man Utd star should be dropped for Burnley clash
- Daniel Levy open to selling Tottenham stake in Tottenham for ‘the right money’
- FIFA Rankings: Argentina retain top spot ahead of France, Brazil & England, Germany continue to fall
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad