Chelsea have expressed an interest in signing Ajax winger Mohammed Kudus, reports The Athletic.
Kudus signed for Ajax in 2020, arriving from Nordsjaelland on a five-year contract for an estimated €9 million fee.
Since then, he has made a name for himself as one of the most promising young wingers in Europe.
The 22-year-old was one of his side’s main men last season. He bagged 18 goals and seven assists in all competitions, including strikes against Liverpool and Napoli in the Champions League group stage.
According to The Athletic, Kudus is in demand at Chelsea. The Blues have made contact with Ajax over a deal, and an opening offer is expected.
New manager Mauricio Pochettino has arrived at Stamford Bridge with an almighty task on his hands.
Chelsea endured their worst campaign in decades last season, finishing 12th and failing to win a trophy despite forking out over €600 million in transfer fees.
They have offloaded several players this summer including Mason Mount, N’Golo Kante and Mateo Kovacic.
Two senior players have arrived at Stamford Bridge. Christopher Nkunku was signed from RB Leipzig, while Nicolas Jackson has been recruited from Villarreal.
Pochettino will begin his reign at Chelsea with a home clash against Liverpool. This is followed by games against West Ham United (A) and Luton Town (H).
- Everton takeover: 777 Partner’s source of funding facing new legal complaint
- Chelsea face competition from Barcelona and Real Madrid for teen stars
- Tottenham’s Manor Solomon facing three months on the sidelines with knee injury
- Charles Ebersol reveals inside story of £40M Chelsea deal with Infinite Athlete
- Morocco, Spain and Portugal to host 2030 FIFA World Cup