Burnley are reportedly very close to securing a deal for Espanyol winger Luca Koleosho.
The Athletic claim the Premier League outfit will pay €3 million for the 18-year-old who is set to undergo a medical on Monday.
The talented youngster broke into the Espanyol first team last season, making four substitute appearances in La Liga and scoring a goal.
But he couldn’t prevent his side from finishing 19th and dropping into the Segunda Division.
Koleosho recently won the Under-19s European Championships with Italy, although he has also represented the United States at youth level.
He began his youth career in the US before moving to Spain to join CF Reus and subsequently Espanyol.
Burnley are preparing for life back in the Premier League after a spectacular 2022-23 campaign saw them win the Championship title with 101 points.
The Clarets have been very busy in the summer transfer window, signing Jordan Beyer, Dara O’Shea, Lawrence Vigouroux, Zeki Amdouni and James Trafford.
They recently announced the signing of former Southampton forward Nathan Redmond on a free transfer.
But Kompany is still not done with his squad rebuild, with more arrivals expected in the coming weeks.
The Lancashire outfit are now closing in on a deal for Koleosho, while they are also interested in Chelsea defender Ian Maatsen and Coventry City midfielder Gustavo Hamer.
- Aston Villa mark European return with shocking 3-2 defeat to Legia Warszawa
- Nunez, Salah & Diaz secure Liverpool comeback win over LASK after early scare
- Tottenham to trigger Son contract extension to avoid another Kane situation
- Ineffective Man Utd star should be dropped for Burnley clash
- Daniel Levy open to selling Tottenham stake in Tottenham for ‘the right money’