Real Sociedad have set their sights on free agent Isco as a replacement for injured David Silva, according to Noticias de Gipuzkoa.
Silva sustained an ACL injury during a recent training session, and he is expected to spend a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
The news is a blow to La Real, with Silva playing an instrumental role as they qualified for the Champions League by finishing fourth in La Liga last term.
Isco has been identified as a potential replacement despite being on the sidelines since exiting Sevilla last December.
The Spanish playmaker’s career has plummetted over the past few years, with the former Malaga star struggling for form.
The 31-year-old left Real Madrid for Sevilla last summer with the hope of reviving his career, but things quickly went south for him.
He struggled to make the desired impact, and his time with the club drew to a close just after a few months in the wake of a fallout with then-sporting director Monchi.
As revealed by Isco in a recent tell-all interview with Marca, Monchi grabbed his neck during a training ground spat.
The former Malaga star also stressed that he wants to get back in the groove as soon as possible and is ready for a fresh challenge.
Silva was primarily deployed as a second striker last season, producing impressive displays along the way.
Isco is a tailor-made option to reprise the role in the absence of Silva and can revitalise his career under Alguacil.
- Ineffective Man Utd star should be dropped for Burnley clash
- Daniel Levy open to selling Tottenham stake in Tottenham for ‘the right money’
- FIFA Rankings: Argentina retain top spot ahead of France, Brazil & England, Germany continue to fall
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad