De Zerbi was speaking ahead of his team’s clash with the Blues in the Premier League Summer Series in Philadelphia.
Brighton have rejected two bids from Chelsea and are adamant they will not sell Caceido for less than £100 million this summer.
De Zerbi said (via Nizaar Kinsella): “Everyone is speaking about Moises, Chelsea maybe, but me? No. The situation is very clear at the moment.
“Moises is a Brighton player, and Tony Bloom told me, if the conditions don’t change, Moises stays with us. For me, it would be great news.
“I have not received news that Caicedo can leave tomorrow or in the next week. I start the next season with Caicedo in my head in the first 11, for sure.”
The Caicedo transfer saga is complicated by Brighton’s interest in signing Levi Colwill, who spent last season on loan with the club.
Brighton are determined to sign the defender, but Chelsea view him as an integral part of their future.
With Caicedo eager to move to Chelsea, Colwill could become a crucial bargaining chip in the transfer negotiations.
Brighton want around £100 million to sell Caicedo, while Chelsea are eyeing a figure closer to £80m.
Colwill is valued at around £30, but Chelsea are extremely reluctant to include him in any potential deal for Caicedo.
The transfer saga could continue over the next few weeks and may even run to deadline day, with both clubs unwilling to bend.
- Salzburg prodigy Oscar Gloukh dreams of Real Madrid move after Barcelona’s failed pursuit
- Tottenham condemn racist messages directed at Udogie following controversial Liverpool clash
- Kevin Muscat & Pascal Jansen interested in Rangers job following Beale sacking
- Chelsea Women debut Infinite Athlete kit in 2-1 win over Tottenham
- Liverpool receive apology from the PGMOL but is that enough?