Vincent Kompany has already added three new faces to his squad during the Premier League transfer window, but the Clarets manager is keen to strengthen even further.
Hamer has emerged as his next target following a sensation Championship campaign where he helped Coventry reach the play-off final.
The 26-year-old midfielder reached double figures in goal contributions last term, bagging 11 goals and ten assists in 45 games across all competitions.
Hamer has been crucial for Coventry since joining from PEC Zwolle in 2020. He played an instrumental part in Coventry’s run to Wembley Stadium, where they ultimately lost out on promotion to Luton Town.
However, the Brazilian-born midfielder could yet be offered a route to the English top flight, with Burnley now keen on capturing his signature.
Hamer will enter the final 12 months of his contract with Coventry and is attracting interest from several Premier League and Championship clubs.
Burnley have been very active in the transfer window, with Kompany keen to build a squad that can compete in the Premier League and avoid a swift return to the English second tier.
The Clarets have already signed Jordan Beyer from Borussia Monchengladbach, Dara O’Shea from West Bromwich Albion and goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux from Leyton Orient on a free transfer.
However, there will likely be more incomings at Turf Moor amid reports that they have reached an agreement to sign England under-21 goalkeeper James Trafford from Manchester City.
The 20-year-old was a crucial part of England’s squad in the U21 European Championship, keeping a clean sheet throughout the tournament.
He also saved a last-minute penalty to hand the Young Lions their first Euro title in 39 years.
Burnley are also closing in on a loan move for Borussia Dortmund’s promising centre-back Soumaila Coulibaly.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?