The Blues have been working on an unprecedented overhaul this summer, particularly regarding their attacking options.
They have shipped out Hakim Ziyech, Kai Havertz and Mason Mount, while Christian Pulisic is also on the verge of an exit after reaching an agreement with AC Milan.
The lack of a centre-forward has been a pressing issue for Chelsea over the past few years.
Romelu Lukaku’s future at Stamford Bridge is also up in the air, with Inter Milan engaged in negotiations over his transfer.
His asking price of €40 million is holding Inter back, but they are determined to get the deal over the line with the Belgian striker pushing to return to his former club.
Montpellier’s Wahi has caught Chelsea’s following his stellar breakout season in Ligue 1 last term, where he bagged 19 goals and six assists.
The 20-year-old memorably scored a quartet of goals against Lyon despite ending up on the losing side.
Wahi played at this year’s U21 European Championship, making three appearances for France.
Chelsea are among the best-placed clubs to sign Wahi alongside Bundesliga outfit Eintracht Frankfurt, with the young striker rejecting proposals from Bournemouth, Lazio and Union Berlin.
The Blues have already added promising talents to their ranks, including Nicholas Jackson and Christopher Nkunku.
Chelsea’s new manager Mauricio Pochettino wants an experienced centre-forward, with Paul Dybala, Victor Osimhen and Dusan Vlahovic on the club’s wishlist.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?