The 28-year-old has signed a four-year deal until 2027 and becomes the club’s sixth summer signing.
Dessers was under contract with the Cremonense until 2027 but left following their relegation to Serie B.
The Belgian-born forward netted ten goals for Cremonense, including six in 26 Serie A appearances.
Dessers joined the Italian club from Genk in August but had spent the 2021/22 season with Feyenoord. He scored nine goals and assisted two more in 29 Eredivisie appearances.
He netted another ten in the Europa Conference League for the Dutch side as they reached the final.
Dessers started his career with Belgian clubs Leuven and Lokeren. He then moved to the Netherlands with NAC Breda, FC Utrecht and Heracles Almelo, returning to Belgium with Genk in 2020.
He is a Nigerian international with four caps for the West African nation.
Dessers said (via Rangers’ official website): “I am really happy. It is a big relief to finally be here. There have been some long days and some stressful days, but it is a great feeling to finally be here.
“The history of the club, the fans, the stadium, it’s massive, but next to that, I look at what is here at this moment.
“I had really good talks with Michael Beale (Rangers manager) about his plans and the ideas of what he wants on and off the pitch, and I thought that could be a really good fit for me and for the team, so I am happy to be here.”
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?