Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly wrapped up the deal for Leicester City midfielder James Maddison.
According to Sky Sports reporter Dharmesh Sheth, Maddison will have his medical with Spurs on Wednesday ahead of a transfer worth £40 million.
The Lilywhites have been tracking Maddison for a long time and have beaten Newcastle United to secure his services.
Maddison is expected to be Spurs’ second signing of the summer following the arrival of Guglielmo Vicario from Empoli.
The 26-year-old has been an influential player for the Foxes for several years, making more than 200 appearances.
He netted ten goals and nine assists in the Premier League last season. Maddison’s impressive form also earned him a place in last year’s World Cup in Qatar.
Spurs are looking to overhaul their midfield, with the likes of Harry Winks, Giovani Lo Celso and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg linked with an exit.
Winks has emerged as a top target for Leicester, who are on the lookout for a replacement for Maddison.
Maddison is seen as the marquee signing to uplift the squad and help Spurs compete for the titles. The Three Lions international will be a pivotal figure in Ange Postecoglou’s project, with the Australian set to benefit from Maddison’s ability to play multiple midfield roles.
Spurs are also working on defensive reinforcements, with Wolfsburg’s Micky van de Ven and Barcelona’s Clement Lenglet their preferred targets.
Lenglet, who spent the last season on loan at Tottenham, is closing in on a return to Spurs, who are currently holding talks with Barca.
Bolstering the attack will become a top priority if Harry Kane leaves this summer. The English striker has reportedly given the nod for a move to Bayern Munich.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?