Inter Milan are close to snapping up soon-to-be free agent Marcus Thuram, according to Calciomercato.
Thuram has netted 14 times in 22 games across all competitions for Borussia Monchengladbach this term and it is no surprise that he is in high demand across Europe.
Newcastle United, Chelsea and Arsenal have all been linked with a move for Thuram. Manchester United, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid also reportedly hold an interest.
However, Inter are leading the race for the 25-year-old ahead of the summer transfer window, having remained in constant contact with him over the last couple of months.
While Thuram primarily operates down the middle, he is also capable of playing as a left-winger where he starred for France in their World Cup final defeat against Argentina.
With Inter having to navigate a financial tightrope at the moment, signing Romelu Lukaku on a permanent deal looks like a big ask, although Chelsea are believed to be open to letting him spend a second consecutive season on loan in Italy.
The arrival of Thuram would be a shrewd addition as it eases the burden of bringing in a new striker for the Nerazzurri, who already have to replace current skipper Milan Skriniar as he leaves for Paris Saint-Germain.
Off the back of a relatively underwhelming start to the season, Inter have turned a corner in 2023 but they still sit 15 points adrift of Napoli at the top of the Serie A table after 23 matches.
Simone Inzaghi’s men are unbeaten in 10 of their 11 matches since the turn of the year and now set out to steal a march on Porto when the sides go head to head in the first leg of their Champions League tie at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on Wednesday.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?