Brahim Diaz has signed a new four-year deal with Real Madrid after spending three years on loan at AC Milan.
As announced on the club’s official website, the diminutive playmaker has committed his future to the Santiago Bernabeu until 2027 and will be part of Carlo Ancelotti’s squad next season.
Now it’s official, as the Spaniard prepares to embark on a new chapter in his evolving playing career following an impressive three-year stint in Serie A.
Diaz failed to ensure regular first-team football in Madrid upon his arrival from Manchester City as one of Europe’s hottest young prospects in 2019.
Aware of the forward’s situation in La Liga, Milan reached out to the Bernabeu chiefs with an offer to help the youngster gain experience and much-needed playing time in 2020.
Fast forward three years, and it turned out to be one of the best deals Diaz could’ve made.
During his prolific time at the San Siro, he established himself as a senior star in Serie A, helping the Rossoneri win their first Scudetto in over a decade in 2021/22.
He was part of Stefano Pioli’s squad to qualify for the 2022/23 Champions League semi-finals against the odds and one of the most influential figures in the team’s top-four push in Serie A.
Diaz made 124 appearances for Milan in all competitions, amassing 18 goals and 15 assists.
While the Italians hoped to sign him permanently, Madrid seem to have other plans for the versatile forward.
Diaz only registered 15 outings for Los Merengues during his first season at the club, but he could have a more prominent role this time around.
- Rangers considering Ryan Lowe for managerial vacancy following Michael Beale’s dismissal
- Jeremie Frimpong new Leverkusen contract could hand Celtic a massive windfall
- La Liga Weekly: Real Madrid thump Girona, Celta Vigo’s woes continue
- Ten Hag to drop Pellistri for midfielder | Expected Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Galatasaray
- Double injury boost confirmed, Trossard starts | Expected Arsenal line-up (4-3-3) vs Lens