Bayern Munich sealed their 11th consecutive Bundesliga title following their 2-1 win at Cologne on the final day of the season.
The Bavarians also won the German Super Cup, but their overall performances were far from convincing.
Thomas Tuchel’s side went out of the Champions League in the quarter-finals after a 4-1 aggregate defeat against Manchester City.
They would also have missed out on the league crown if Borussia Dortmund hadn’t slipped up against Mainz.
Bayern will now be looking to bolster their ranks in the summer transfer window to improve their performances next season.
However, he is not an out-and-out centre-forward, so they must add a new world-class striker this summer.
But even that may not be enough, with Thomas Muller reportedly contemplating his future in Bavaria.
According to a Bild report last month, the 33-year-old could leave this summer due to his lack of game time under Tuchel.
- Salzburg prodigy Oscar Gloukh dreams of Real Madrid move after Barcelona’s failed pursuit
- Tottenham condemn racist messages directed at Udogie following controversial Liverpool clash
- Kevin Muscat & Pascal Jansen interested in Rangers job following Beale sacking
- Chelsea Women debut Infinite Athlete kit in 2-1 win over Tottenham
- Liverpool receive apology from the PGMOL but is that enough?