The newly-crowned Europa Conference League champions are planning for next season. They must reinforce their squad after booking their place in the Europa League.
West Ham will likely have plenty of transfer funds to play with as they prepare for the big-money sale of Declan Rice.
Barnes is on their radar after netting 13 goals in 34 Premier League games for Leicester City this season.
He has been linked with a move elsewhere following their relegation to the Championship.
West Ham, Tottenham Hotspur, Newcastle United and Aston Villa have all been linked with Barnes. Leicester will demand around £40 million for the player.
The Hammers are also chasing Southampton midfielder James Ward-Prowse. He will likely leave the club after they dropped into the second tier.
His nine goals and nine big chances created demonstrate that he belongs in the top flight.
West Ham must also find a replacement for Rice when they sell him. Their primary target is Manchester City’s Kalvin Phillips.
However, the England international is reportedly keen on staying in Manchester and fighting for his place after an injury-riddled campaign.
Securing a bumper fee for Rice would give West Ham additional funds to play with as they strive to kick on next season.
Winning the Europa Conference League was a fine end to the season, but their performances in the Premier League left a lot to be desired.
- Salzburg prodigy Oscar Gloukh dreams of Real Madrid move after Barcelona’s failed pursuit
- Tottenham condemn racist messages directed at Udogie following controversial Liverpool clash
- Kevin Muscat & Pascal Jansen interested in Rangers job following Beale sacking
- Chelsea Women debut Infinite Athlete kit in 2-1 win over Tottenham
- Liverpool receive apology from the PGMOL but is that enough?