Thierry Henry is reluctant to join Julian Nagelsmann’s coaching team at Paris Saint-Germain.
Foot Mercato claim the discussions between the former French international and the German coach have hit a roadblock.
PSG’s sporting director, Luis Campos, remains busy bolstering the squad with new signings such as Marcos Asensio and Manuel Ugarte.
However, the question of who will lead the team as the manager next season remains unanswered.
Henry currently serves as a pundit for Amazon Prime and CBS Sports. The former Arsenal striker has expressed his desire to spend more time in England, where his family resides.
Taking on additional responsibilities in France would complicate matters for him.
Henry reportedly wants a head coach role for his next managerial step rather than accepting another assistant position.
With experience working under Roberto Martinez with the Belgian national team, Henry believes he is ready to reclaim the primary managerial position after unsuccessful stints at AS Monaco and Impact Montreal.
However, the PSG board are not interested in offering him such a level of responsibility.
Nagelsmann’s arrival has generated excitement and apprehension among fans. They are concerned about his experience and ability to adapt to French football.
However, adding high-profile assistants could provide a fresh perspective and valuable expertise.
It remains unclear whether Henry will accept the assistant coaching role at PSG or pursue other opportunities that align better with his ambitions and personal circumstances.
As the summer transfer window approaches, the club’s managerial situation becomes increasingly urgent, leaving supporters awaiting news of the coaching staff’s final composition.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?