Veiga has been a standout performer for Celta this season, bagging 11 goals and four assists in 36 league appearances.
The 21-year-old is being courted by several clubs across Europe, including Newcastle United and Real Madrid.
Celta are resigned to losing their academy product this summer, but they are adamant the youngster will only leave if the €40 million release clause in his contract is triggered.
Veiga progressed through the youth ranks at Celta before establishing himself in the first team.
His impressive goal haul makes him the club’s second-highest scorer this season – only bettered by club legend Iago Aspas who struck 12 times.
Madrid were keen on his services but reluctant to match his release clause. They favoured a player-plus-cash deal, opening the door for Chelsea to enter the race.
Chelsea’s interest in Veiga comes after Kai Havertz expressed a desire to leave Stamford Bridge three years after his big-money move from Bayer Leverkusen.
Madrid are reportedly keen on taking the German forward to Santiago Bernabeu this summer despite his massively underwhelming statistics in London.
The 23-year-old has endured a topsy-turvy spell since joining Chelsea. Despite endearing himself to the Blues supporters after scoring the match-winner in the 2021 Champions League final, his on-field performances have left a lot to be desired.
Havertz has failed to live up to expectations at Chelsea, bagging 32 goals and 15 assists in 139 games. The German made just ten goal contributions in 47 appearances across all competitions this term.
Havertz’s potential departure will help Chelsea free up space in their bloated squad and wage bill and allow them to refresh their options.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?