Aston Villa have reportedly made a formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres this summer.
The Midlands outfit enjoyed an excellent 2022-23 season, with Unai Emery overseeing a massive turnaround after replacing Steven Gerrard in November.
A massive uptick in form ultimately saw them finish seventh in the Premier League table.
Villa’s results this season mean they will now play in the Europa Conference League next term.
Emery is looking to bolster his ranks to do well in the European competition and the Premier League.
Villa have made a formal offer to sign Pau Torres, who has been at Villarreal his entire career.
He has been one of the most important players at El Madrigal over the years, bagging 12 goals in 174 appearances.
The defender posted impressive statistics this season, playing a key role in helping his side finish fifth in the league standings.
He started 34 La Liga matches, averaging 1.3 tackles, 0.4 interceptions and 4.1 clearances per game (as per WhoScored).
The Spain international is greatly admired by Emery, with the pair having worked together at Villarreal.
It is unclear how much Villa have bid to sign the centre-back, but only a huge transfer fee will likely convince Villarreal to let him leave.
- Rangers considering Ryan Lowe for managerial vacancy following Michael Beale’s dismissal
- Jeremie Frimpong new Leverkusen contract could hand Celtic a massive windfall
- La Liga Weekly: Real Madrid thump Girona, Celta Vigo’s woes continue
- Ten Hag to drop Pellistri for midfielder | Expected Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Galatasaray
- Double injury boost confirmed, Trossard starts | Expected Arsenal line-up (4-3-3) vs Lens