Leicester City will bid farewell to seven senior players when their contracts expire at the end of June.
Youri Tielemans, Caglar Soyuncu, Daniel Amartey, Nampalys Mendy, Ryan Bertrand, Ayoze Perez and Tete will exit the club this summer.
Belgian midfielder Tielemans has etched his name into Leicester’s history books during his spell at the King Power Stadium.
Another key figure leaving Leicester is Soyuncu, who joined the club from Freiburg in 2018.
The Turkish defender has made over 100 appearances for the Foxes and played a vital role in the team’s successes, including winning the FA Cup and FA Community Shield. He will join Atletico Madrid.
Amartey played a significant role in Leicester’s historic Premier League title-winning season and made nearly 150 appearances. Mendy made over 100 appearances.
Leicester fans will remember Perez for his hat-trick in the record-breaking 9-0 win over Southampton in 2019.
He made 114 appearances for the club, including the 2021 FA Cup final. He played a crucial role in Tielemans’ winning goal.
Brazilian winger Tete, who arrived on a short-term deal from Shakhtar Donetsk in January, will return to the Ukrainian club at the end of the month.
Left-back Ryan Bertrand joined the club on a free transfer from Southampton and will depart after two seasons.
Leicester are in discussions with captain Jonny Evans regarding his future. The Foxes have also extended midfielder Hamza Choudhury’s contract until June 2024.
- Feyenoord star Santiago Gimenez poised for huge summer move – where could he go?
- Man Utd and Arsenal-linked Jeremie Frimpong set for contract extension with Bayer Leverkusen
- Fulham 0-2 Chelsea: Mudryk & Broja strike to earn Blues their second league win of the season
- Champions League: Laurent Robert wants to see PSG and Newcastle secure last-16 spot
- Liverpool & VAR: The stench of entitlement is off the scale