Eintracht Frankfurt attacker Randal Kolo Muani has expressed his desire to stay at the club beyond this season despite interest from top European clubs.
Manchester United and Bayern Munich have the France international on their radar. They are looking for a new centre-forward, and he is one of the most exciting options in the market.
Bayern made him their top target going into the transfer window as they bid to replace Robert Lewandowski. They will not be signing Harry Kane.
Man United also have Kolo Muani on their shortlist of strikers to sign. Filling the gaping hole up top is the priority for United manager Erik ten Hag this summer.
Kolo Muani has bagged 15 goals and 11 assists in the Bundesliga since joining on a free transfer for Nantes last summer.
The 24-year-old spearheaded Frankfurt to the DFB-Pokal final, netting six goals and three assists in five games.
He scored another two in the Champions League and performed impressively for the France national team at the 2022 World Cup.
Ahead of the DFB-Pokal final against RB Leipzig this weekend, the Bondy-born attacker answered questions about coming third in the race for the Bundesliga golden boot.
Kolo Muani replied (via L’Equipe): “It’s true. I was only one goal away from being the top scorer. I could have been, but that’s how it is. That is football.
“There are still other seasons. I’m still here for a long time.
“I signed a five-year contract, so it’s possible to become the top scorer next season.”
- Valencia chief insists Javi Guerra not for sale amid Manchester United and Newcastle United interest
- Rangers considering Ryan Lowe for managerial vacancy following Michael Beale’s dismissal
- Jeremie Frimpong new Leverkusen contract could hand Celtic a massive windfall
- La Liga Weekly: Real Madrid thump Girona, Celta Vigo’s woes continue
- Ten Hag to drop Pellistri for midfielder | Expected Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Galatasaray