Newcastle United are reportedly interested in signing Barcelona star Ferran Torres in the summer transfer window.
A spectacular 2022-23 season has seen the Magpies return to the Champions League after a two-decade absence.
The Daily Mail recently reported they are eyeing a move for Barca winger Ferran Torres.
However, they have suffered a blow in their pursuit of the 23-year-old as he has no desire to leave Camp Nou, per SPORT.
The young forward joined the Catalans in December 2021 but has failed to make a huge impact at the club.
He has faced criticism for his lack of productivity in front of goal. In 70 senior appearances, the former Manchester City player has scored only 14 goals.
The winger has started only 13 La Liga matches this season, with most of his appearances coming off the bench.
With Barcelona needing to raise £160 million to comply with Financial Fair Play rules, Torres could be sold this summer.
However, he is keen to stay with Barcelona and will ask manager Xavi Hernandez for a chance to fight for a place in the first team.
The Spanish footballer has acknowledged his performances haven’t been good, but he is willing to work hard and improve his game.
- Rangers considering Ryan Lowe for managerial vacancy following Michael Beale’s dismissal
- Jeremie Frimpong new Leverkusen contract could hand Celtic a massive windfall
- La Liga Weekly: Real Madrid thump Girona, Celta Vigo’s woes continue
- Ten Hag to drop Pellistri for midfielder | Expected Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Galatasaray
- Double injury boost confirmed, Trossard starts | Expected Arsenal line-up (4-3-3) vs Lens