Manchester United will try to smooth the path to sign Harry Kane from Tottenham Hotspur by bidding as quickly this summer, according to the Guardian.
The Red Devils are looking to sign a new striker, with Anthony Martial linked with an exit after spending eight years at Old Trafford.
Kane is their top priority, while they are also keen on Napoli’s Victor Osimhen.
But the Serie A outfit are demanding £130 million for the Nigerian, which would put him out of United’s reach.
Kane’s current contract at Spurs expires in June 2024, and Tottenham face the prospect of losing him for free next year.
The England international is widely regarded as one of the best strikers in the world.
Since making his competitive debut in August 2011, the centre-forward has scored 278 goals in 434 appearances in all competitions.
He has also been in brilliant form this season, netting 28 goals in 37 Premier League appearances.
Spurs fans will not want to part with him, but they will understand if he wants to move to a club where he can win major silverware.
Kane is leading the club’s all-time top scorer charts, having broken Jimmy Greaves’ long-standing record in February.
Daniel Levy will likely try his best to keep the experienced striker, but a bumper transfer fee could tempt him into selling him this summer.
- Three strikers to replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid
- Newcastle set to open talks with Callum Wilson over new deal
- Everton 2022/23 season review: Relief at Goodison Park as Toffees stay up
- PSG to sign Marco Asensio, Lucas Hernandez from Bayern next
- Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou dismisses Tottenham interest ahead of Scottish Cup final