Nottingham Forest want to sign goalkeeper Dean Henderson permanently from Manchester United this summer, according to Manchester Evening News.
The 26-year-old faces an uncertain future at United and could leave in the coming months.
Forest informed Henderson of their interest in signing him permanently after securing their stay in the Premier League for next season.
They beat title-chasing Arsenal 1-0 this weekend to ensure they will be in the top-flight next year. The result handed Manchester City the Premier League title.
Forest are willing to part with around £30 million to take the goalkeeper who spent this season on loan with them. He played 18 league matches and kept eight clean sheets.
They have made him a sizeable salary offer to entice him into accepting the deal. He currently earns around £110k per week, a sum Forest single-handedly covered this campaign.
Henderson has a contract until 2025, and United can extend it by another year.
However, United have shown no intention of trying to keep him.
Even with the club having doubts about current United first-choice David De Gea, they are not keen on keeping Henderson.
He has been out since January 14 due to a thigh injury. He underwent surgery to address the issue a few weeks ago.
The England international will likely return to action in August ahead of next season.
Forest signed Keylor Navas on a short-term deal to replace Henderson. The experienced Costa Rican shot-stopper has impressed in England.
However, he will return to Paris Saint-Germain this summer despite being an invaluable addition.
Keeping Henderson would be a brilliant move for Forest after they signed 29 players last summer. They need stability.
The opportunity to play consistently will appeal to Henderson as he wants a place in the England squad at the 2024 European Championship.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped