Barcelona are reportedly interested in signing Argentina star Guido Rodriguez.
The 29-year-old has been impressive with his performances since he joined Real Betis from Mexican club CF America in January 2020.
He has made over 140 senior appearances for the Spanish outfit, registering seven goals and contributing three assists.
The midfielder has also been a key member of the first team this season, starting 30 La Liga matches to help his side push for a top-six finish.
His displays have impressed Barcelona, who are looking for a new defensive midfielder.
Sergio Busquets has confirmed he will leave the club this summer, bringing his 18-year spell at Camp Nou to an end.
According to Mundo Deportivo, the Catalans are interested in signing Rodriguez but they have yet to make a move for him.
Manager Xavi Hernandez prefers Real Sociedad’s Martin Zubimendi, but the Spaniard could cost them a considerable transfer fee as he is under contract until 2027.
Rodriguez could be a cheaper alternative for Barca, who will aim to retain their La Liga crown and do well in the Champions League next term.
His contract at the Estadio Benito Villamarin expires in June 2024, and Betis risk losing him for free next year.
It was initially thought the Argentine would pen a new deal with Los Verdiblancos, but interest from Barca may have changed his mind.
- Three strikers to replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid
- Newcastle set to open talks with Callum Wilson over new deal
- Everton 2022/23 season review: Relief at Goodison Park as Toffees stay up
- PSG to sign Marco Asensio, Lucas Hernandez from Bayern next
- Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou dismisses Tottenham interest ahead of Scottish Cup final