The Saints are expected to lose their captain after getting relegated, and the Hammers are keen.
West Ham manager David Moyes admires Ward-Prowse’s qualities and was interested in signing him last summer.
The London club are preparing for the potential departure of Declan Rice and are looking to sign two midfielders to replace him.
West Ham are also set to lose Argentine playmaker Manuel Lanzini, and new additions in the middle of the park are required.
Ward-Prowse has bagged eight goals and three assists in 36 league games this term.
The 28-year-old registered ten league goals and five assists last term and was also involved in 15 league goals in 2020-21.
His ability to score from direct free-kicks and assist from set-pieces would help West Ham.
They have struggled to convert from dead-ball situations, and landing a specialist like Ward-Prowse would go a long way.
The England international joined the Saints aged eight and has become one of their most important players.
Leaving Southampton will be a bitter pill for him to swallow, but he needs to remain in the Premier League to boost his chances of making the squad for next year’s European Championship.
West Ham are offering him a good opportunity, and European football would also be available if they win the Europa Conference League.
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer