Julian Nagelsmann is reportedly very tempted to become the next Tottenham Hotspur manager after ruling himself out of contention for the Chelsea job.
The German boss was sacked by Bayern Munich in a highly surprising move last month, with the Bundesliga giants later installing Thomas Tuchel in his place.
Nagelsmann led the Bavarians to success in the German league and the Super Cup in his first season in charge.
Although they were only a point behind Borussia Dortmund in the table, the club hierarchy decided to part company with him before the international break.
However, the 35-year-old soon attracted interest from some of the top clubs in Europe.
He was linked with Tottenham and Chelsea after they dismissed Antonio Conte and Graham Potter respectively.
But the young manager turned down their initial approaches as he wanted to take a short break before returning to management.
The former RB Leipzig boss was one of the top candidates to take the reins of Chelsea after holding talks, but he withdrew from the interview process.
Now, according to BILD, Nagelsmann is thinking about joining Tottenham as their new manager.
He is fond of the club, having watched them a lot when Mauricio Pochettino was in charge.
Tottenham are currently enduring a difficult period. They placed Cristian Stellini in interim charge after the Conte’s dismissal, but the results have been disastrous.
Sunday’s humiliating 6-1 loss at Newcastle United was their second consecutive defeat in the Premier League.
The latest setback means Spurs are six points behind Manchester United despite having played two more games.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped