Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly targeting a summer move for AC Milan forward Rafael Leao, whose future at San Siro remains up in the air.
There hasn’t been any significant progress over the contract talks, although Milan have maintained they are confident of extending his deal which expires in 2024.
With Manchester City, Real Madrid and Chelsea credited with an interest in the Portuguese star, PSG have also entered the picture.
According to a report from Le10 Sport, PSG football advisor Luis Campos wants to reunite with Leao, having scouted him and brokered his deal to LOSC Lille during his time as the French club’s sporting director.
Campos aims to bring in more youngsters to the Les Parisiens squad and sees Leao as a top-class addition, with Lionel Messi reportedly heading to the exit doors.
PSG are aware that they need to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations before spending on new signings in the summer, with their crippling wage bill proving to be a stumbling block.
However, Les Parisiens believe a mini clearout, including Messi, Sergio Ramos, Georginio Wijnaldum and Julian Draxler, could make way for the new players.
Leao is demanding a pay rise and the compensation fee he owes to Sporting CP upon terminating his contract to be covered by Milan, which is delaying the renewal talks.
However, recent reports suggested the Rossoneri have been handed an advantage after Lille agreed to assume Leao’s debt.
PSG are also looking at Eintracht Frankfurt’s Randal Kolo Muani and Bayer Levekusen’s Moussa Diaby as potential summer targets.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped