Manchester City are currently eight points behind Arsenal in the table, but they are still top candidates to win the Premier League title.
City are capable of winning all their remaining matches as they have plenty of quality in their ranks.
They have been playing at their destructive best in recent weeks, pounding seven goals past RB Leipzig followed by six against Burnley.
The international break has stopped club football for two weeks, but the players will return to league action at the start of next month. We look at Man City’s fixtures in April.
Liverpool – April 1 (H)
Liverpool have endured a highly disappointing 2022-23 campaign, but they could still salvage their season by securing a top-four finish.
With competition for Champions League places very intense, Jurgen Klopp’s men will likely produce their best efforts to win their remaining matches.
The Reds prevailed over City 1-0 in their previous league encounter at Anfield, with Mohamed Salah scoring the decisive goal.
However, repeating the trick at the Etihad Stadium will be very difficult for the Merseyside outfit.
Southampton – April 8 (A)
Southampton’s current league position doesn’t offer much hope, as they are at the bottom of the table with 23 points.
However, the league table doesn’t tell the whole story as they have secured some positive results in recent weeks.
The Saints took point off both Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur while they also defeated Leicester City at the start of this month.
The lure of staying in the richest league is motivating them to give their best on the pitch.
City must avoid complacency when they meet Southampton in April, even though they battered them 4-0 at the Etihad earlier in the season.
Leicester City – April 15 (H)
Leicester were on a five-game losing streak before meeting Brentford at the Gtech Community Stadium last weekend.
However, the Foxes produced a good performance in the away game to earn a crucial point after holding the Bees to a 1-1 draw.
Brendan Rodgers’ side will have to produce a far better performance when they meet City at the Etihad to get a positive result.
Arsenal – April 26 (H)
Everybody knows the importance of this game for both Arsenal and City, with both teams in a fierce race for the Premier League title.
The Gunners lost their previous league meeting with Pep Guardiola’s side but bounced back to power eight points clear at the top.
If City want to defend their league crown, they must win this home encounter in April.
Fulham – April 30 (A)
City have beaten Fulham twice this season – once in the league and the other in the FA Cup.
But unlike their previous two meetings, the Cottagers will have home advantage and could be tough opponents at Craven Cottage.
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer