Bayern Munich will bid to maintain their lead at the top of the Bundesliga when they take on Bayer Leverkusen at the BayArena on Sunday.
The reigning champions are two points clear of Borussia Dortmund at the top of the table and will be eager to maintain their lead this weekend.
Xabi Alonso’s side enter the home clash on the back of an impressive 2-0 win over Ferencvaros in the second leg of their Europa League last-16 tie in midweek.
Goals from Moussa Diaby and Amine Adli made it an easy contest for the Bundesliga outfit as they won 4-0 on aggregate.
Leverkusen have improved since Alonso took over the club as their manager. Die Schwarzroten were second-bottom of the Bundesliga at the start of October but have steadily improved their position under the Spanish boss.
The German side are unbeaten in their previous six matches in all competitions. They emerged victorious in their last two Bundesliga games against Hertha Berlin and Werder Bremen to climb up to ninth in the standings.
Bayern Munich are also enjoying an impressive run of form at the moment. They triumphed 3-0 over Paris Saint-Germain in their Champions League last-16 tie.
The Bavarians looked in complete control of the home leg as Eric Choupo-Moting and Serge Gnabry scored to lead them into the quarter-finals of the competition.
Alonso is dealing with several injury woes this weekend. The Spanish boss will be without the services of Andrey Lunev, while Patrik Schick, Karim Bellarabi and Charles Aranguiz are also doubtful.
Bayern also have some of their key players missing. Eric Choupo-Moting will not be in contention as he is suffering from a back problem.
Julian Nagelsmann will also not be able to call upon the services of Lucas Hernandez and Manuel Neuer.
Bayer Leverkusen potential line-up:
Hradecky, Tapsoba, Tah, Hincapie, Frimpong, Andrich, Palacios, Bakker, Diaby, Wirtz, Azmoun.
Bayern Munich potential line-up:
Sommer, Pavard, Upamecano, De Ligt, Coman, Goretzka, Kimmich, Davies, Musiala, Mane, Müller.
How to Watch
Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich Prediction
Leverkusen will be a difficult opponent on home soil, but their recent record against Bayern has been poor, with the Black and Reds losing four of their last five home league encounters against the Bavarians.
We expect Sunday’s game to be a high-scoring affair, but Bayern should prevail.
Bayer Leverkusen 2-3 Bayern Munich
- Postecoglou confirms huge injury blow for Tottenham ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- FA Cup quarter-final TV picks confirmed, ITV will show headline fixture between Man Utd and Liverpool
- Preview: Man City vs Man United – stats, team news, line-ups
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild