The Serie A club have been unable to reach an agreement over an extension with Edin Dzeko.
The Bosnian wants a two-year deal as opposed to the one-year contract Inter want to hand him.
Dzeko could be on his way out of San Siro at the end of the season.
As a result, Inter are already preparing for his potential exit and could move for Scamacca.
The Italian joined West Ham last summer but has struggled in the Premier League.
Scamacca knows he needs to play regularly to impress Italy national team manager Roberto Mancini.
A return to the Serie A could appeal to the former Sassuolo hitman.
West Ham are battling relegation and dropping into the Championship would end Scamacca’s time with them.
However, retaining their Premier League status does not guarantee the 24-year-old will stay.
A deal could work out for all parties involved if the finances are right.
He bagged 16 Serie A goals last term before sealing a move to the Hammers in a £31 million deal.
Scamacca has netted just five goals in 23 games across all competitions this term.
He last started and finished a game for David Moyes’ side in December.
The West Ham manager is not counting on Scamacca for now as he fights for his future.
Moyes could be open to cashing in on the Italian if he remains in the dugout beyond this season.
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad