The race to sign Borussia Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham has started to heat up and Real Madrid are the latest team to have entered the fray, according to Marca.
With each of Luka Modric, Toni Kroos and Casemiro now at least 30 years old and nearing the end of their respective contracts, Carlo Ancelotti’s men are keen to secure long-term acquisitions in the centre of the pitch.
Federico Valverde has come into his own of late and is set for a big future in the Spanish capital alongside Eduardo Camavinga, who also impressed towards the back end of the just-concluded campaign.
Earlier this summer, Real Madrid bolstered their midfield options even further by acquiring the services of the highly-coveted Aurelien Tchouameni from Monaco.
However, Los Blancos are not done with their reinforcement and now set their sights on Bellingham off the back of another stellar individual season for the England international last time out.
Bellingham is reportedly prepared to wait before becoming the third big-money departure from the Signal Iduna Park in the space of three years, following in the footsteps of Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland, who completed moves to the red and blue halves of Manchester respectively.
The 19-year-old is expected to cost around €120million but Real Madrid are no strangers to splashing the cash as seen on a number of occasions in the past, most recently when they splurged a whopping €100m to land Tchouameni back in June.
Nonetheless, the La Liga and European champions will face competition for Bellingham’s signature from a host of other top teams, most notably Liverpool.
While Jurgen Klopp has hinted that his side will not be adding any new midfielders in the current window, the Premier League giants are expected to be in the market next summer and Bellingham will be one of the top potential targets.
- Postecoglou confirms huge injury blow for Tottenham ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- FA Cup quarter-final TV picks confirmed, ITV will show headline fixture between Man Utd and Liverpool
- Preview: Man City vs Man United – stats, team news, line-ups
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild