Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly interested in signing Empoli goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario.
The 26-year-old initially joined the club on loan in 2021, before making the move permanent the following year.
He has impressed with his performances, making 64 senior appearances.
The Italian started the first 24 Serie A matches for Empoli this season, keeping seven clean sheets.
His performances have sparked interest from several top European clubs.
According to Calciomercatoweb.it, Tottenham want to sign Vicario.
Hugo Lloris is currently the club’s first-choice goalkeeper, but he will turn 37 next December.
The Frenchman is currently injured, and Fraser Forster has been performing the goalkeeping duties for the last few matches.
Tottenham are looking to find a replacement for Lloris, whose contract expires in 2024.
Spurs believe Vicario would be a good fit, but they face competition from Serie A giants Juventus and Roma.
Disappointing week for Tottenham
This has been a disappointing week for Spurs, who suffered a shock FA Cup exit on Wednesday after Sheffield United defeated them 1-0 in the fifth round.
Antonio Conte’s side had the opportunity to return to winning ways at Wolverhampton Wanderers yesterday.
However, they failed to convert their chances and Wolves sealed a slender 1-0 win courtesy of Adama Traore’s stunning strike.
Despite the defeat, Tottenham are still four points above Newcastle United in the Premier League table, although the Magpies have two games in hand.
- El Clasico takeaways: Xavi’s supremacy reigns, De Jong’s masterclass, Toothless Benzema & Vinicius
- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti questions overturned Marco Asensio goal following El Clasico loss
- PSG to stick with Christophe Galtier until the end of the season despite loss to Rennes
- Barcelona 2-1 Real Madrid: Player ratings as Catalans open 12-point gap at the top of La Liga following El Clasico win
- Axel Disasi called up to replace William Saliba in France squad