Manchester City are considering bidding for Hajduk Split centre-back Luka Vuskovic, reports Fabrizio Romano.
The 16-year-old is slowly establishing himself in the Croatian club’s first team.
As a result, Hajduk have quickly extended Vuskovic’s contract until 2026.
Man City have continued to splash the cash in the transfer market in pursuit of Champions League glory.
They will be able to land Vuskovic on a cheap, but whether he can establish himself in Pep Guardiola’s first team is another matter entirely.
He has made just two appearances for the Croatian top-flight side. However, the Croatia under-17 international star has already set three records.
Vuskovic is the youngest-ever player and goalscorer in the club’s history. He is also the youngest ever to start a game for Hajduk.
The 6ft 4ins defender has a bright future ahead of him.
Man City boast some of the best centre-backs in the Premier League, but it is a position they continue to strengthen.
Vuskovic would likely be sent on loan if signed by City in the summer.
The teenager has impressed scouts in several UEFA Youth League appearances.
He will now look to become a regular in the first team going forward.
Guardiola’s side will continue to run the rule over Vuskovic, but they must quickly make up their minds with suitors circling.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch