Ecuadorian midfielder Moises Caicedo has committed his long-term future to Brighton & Hove Albion.
The 21-year-old has signed a new contract that runs until 2027, with an option for another year.
Caicedo joined Brighton on a four-and-a-half-year deal from Independiente del Valle in 2021.
His original contract was due to expire in 2025, but he has now signed fresh terms.
The new deal will come with a pay rise reflecting his importance to the squad.
Caicedo has featured in 35 games across all competitions for the Seagulls.
He has established himself as one of the best midfielders in the Premier League within the last 12 months.
The Gunners tabled two official bids for Caicedo, and he was keen on a switch.
The youngster expressed his wish to leave the Amex Stadium in an open letter on Instagram.
However, Brighton held on to him and he has returned to the team after the club initially left him out of the squad for a game.
Caicedo will continue to concentrate on his development, but the new deal will not stop suitors in the summer.
However, they may need to break the bank to have a chance of tempting Brighton to sell him.
The club remain in the driving seat after extending his contract, and they will not be in a rush to cash in on him.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped