Tottenham Hotspur remain keen on the Ivory Coast international midfielder, with manager Antonio Conte knowing what he is capable of from their time together in Serie A.
The Italian wants to strengthen his squad and will pull out all the stops to sign the 26-year-old.
Kessie joined Barca from AC Milan as a free agent last summer, but he struggled to establish himself in Xavi’s plans.
However, injuries to key midfielders have handed Kessie the chance to play regularly in recent weeks.
He is starting to prove himself in the Blaugrana colours, but the club could still be tempted to cash in on him.
They signed him for nothing and could land a decent fee from selling him in the summer.
The final call rests on Xavi, but Sergio Busquets’ imminent departure could change his mind.
Kessie will continue to put in his best to convince Barca.
Inter Milan are also interested in bringing him back to the Italian top flight. A bidding war could be on the cards between them and Spurs.
However, having played for Milan, a move to Inter may not appeal to Kessie.
The Premier League remains an attractive option for most players.
If Barcelona bring in another midfielder, the Ivorian could call time on his Camp Nou stay.
He wants to play regularly and may not hesitate to move on if he is guaranteed that elsewhere.
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game