Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen is one of the most in-form strikers in Europe at the moment.
In the Champions League, he has helped them into the round of 16. They already have one leg in the quarter-finals after beating Eintracht Frankfurt 2-0 in the first leg. Osimhen scored the opener.
There have been links to bigger clubs in Europe looking for a centre-forward, with Chelsea and Manchester United leading the chase.
Osimhen says he is flattered by the interest but is focused on helping Napoli achieve their aims.
Speaking to Corriere della Sera, he said: “I think it is an ambition of all players. And who knows, one day.
“I assure you, right now, it does not even cross my mind. It would distract me from a beautiful season. [I am thinking of] only Napoli.”
The Premier League is one of the best leagues in the world, and top players want to test themselves there.
Osimhen’s style is perfect for English football. He is a hard-running, gritty force of a striker. He fights for every ball and can turn half-chances into genuine goalscoring opportunities.
The Lagos-born forward is tall and leggy. He possesses incredible upper body strength that helps him fend off defenders. He would be exciting to watch in the Premier League.
Chelsea have struggled for goals this season, scoring only six since November 2022. They need finishers, but Osimhen will be wary of their ability to create chances for him. He did state that Chelsea legend Didier Drogba is his role model.
United will need a striker when loanee Wout Weghorst leaves. They tried to get him last summer and could be back for him at the end of the season.
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis is one of the most notorious negotiators around. He will get every penny of what his star striker is worth.
The Partenopei have mooted a €140 million valuation, which is not beyond the means of several Premier League clubs.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch