Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar is closing in on a move to Eintracht Frankfurt in the summer as a free agent, reports Florian Plettenberg.
The French midfielder had earlier denied the rumours, but the Sky Germany journalist claims that an agreement has been reached over a free transfer in the summer.
Plettenberg also adds that Aouar has passed his medical and is keen to join the Eagles.
The 24-year-old has been viewed as a replacement for Daichi Kamada, who is set to leave Frankfurt at the end of the season. Borussia Dortmund have reached a verbal agreement for the free transfer of the Japanese midfielder.
The Les Gones academy star made his mark as one of the hottest young prospects long ago, and a move to a big club is seen as long overdue.
Auoar has experienced a significant drop in his performance level this season due to injury problems.
He has made 225 appearances for Les Gones, bagging 41 goals and 36 assists.
The Frenchman can play in a wide variety of roles in the midfield, although the No 10 position is where he functions at his best.
He is a like-for-like replacement for Kamada, and Frankfurt will have pulled off a smart transfer if they complete the move.
- Postecoglou confirms huge injury blow for Tottenham ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- FA Cup quarter-final TV picks confirmed, ITV will show headline fixture between Man Utd and Liverpool
- Preview: Man City vs Man United – stats, team news, line-ups
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild