Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar is closing in on a move to Eintracht Frankfurt in the summer as a free agent, reports Florian Plettenberg.
The French midfielder had earlier denied the rumours, but the Sky Germany journalist claims that an agreement has been reached over a free transfer in the summer.
Plettenberg also adds that Aouar has passed his medical and is keen to join the Eagles.
The 24-year-old has been viewed as a replacement for Daichi Kamada, who is set to leave Frankfurt at the end of the season. Borussia Dortmund have reached a verbal agreement for the free transfer of the Japanese midfielder.
The news is a blow to several European giants, including Arsenal, Manchester United, AS Roma, Sevilla and Real Betis, who were all keeping tabs on him.
The Les Gones academy star made his mark as one of the hottest young prospects long ago, and a move to a big club is seen as long overdue.
Auoar has experienced a significant drop in his performance level this season due to injury problems.
He has made 225 appearances for Les Gones, bagging 41 goals and 36 assists.
The Frenchman can play in a wide variety of roles in the midfield, although the No 10 position is where he functions at his best.
He is a like-for-like replacement for Kamada, and Frankfurt will have pulled off a smart transfer if they complete the move.
- AC Milan make up their mind on Sergino Dest
- Karim Adeyemi suffers injury setback ahead of crucial clash with Bayern Munich
- Man Utd, Chelsea and PSG interested in signing €50m midfielder
- Barcelona to negotiate with Atletico Madrid over transfer fee of Yannick Carrasco
- Barcelona interested in Malo Gusto before Chelsea transfer as right-back search continues