Chelsea have had a difficult 2022/23 season, picking up just two victories from their previous 15 matches in all competitions.
The lack of goals has been the prime reason behind their downfall. The Blues have netted just four times since the beginning of the New Year.
This is obviously a dreadful statistic and there are no surprises that several Premier League stars have outscored them since January 1.
Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford has been in exemplary form in 2023, bagging an astonishing 14 goals from just 17 games.
The England ace has been transformed under manager Erik ten Hag this term and Chelsea have not managed even one-third of his tally in 2023.
Aside from Rashford, Erling Braut Haaland and Harry Kane have netted seven and six goals apiece for Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur respectively.
Aston Villa ace Ollie Watkins also makes the cut, having been in impressive scoring form lately. He has netted in each of his last five league matches.
United midfielder Fred is the final player on the list and his name will probably surprise neutrals.
The Brazilian is not known for his goalscoring ability but has been hugely influential for his club in the long-term injury absence of Christian Eriksen.
Five Premier League stars that have outscored Chelsea in 2023
- Marcus Rashford – Manchester United – 14 goals
- Erling Braut Haaland – Manchester City – seven goals
- Harry Kane – Tottenham Hotspur – six goals
- Ollie Watkins – Aston Villa – five goals
- Fred – Manchester United – five goals
- Dozy Mmobuosi meets the EFL for talks over buying Sheffield United
- Dejan Kulusevski keen on Spurs stay despite Conte’s fiasco
- Neal Maupay open to summer Serie A move, confirms agent
- Sevilla director Monchi turned down the chance to sign Khvicha Kvaratskhelia for €6m
- Premier League tables revised £125m-a-year proposal to EFL clubs