The Clarets took the 22-year-old on loan at the beginning of the season from Die Fohlen. He arrived on transfer deadline day, and they inserted a clause in the deal.
Burnley had to sign the player if they secured promotion to the Premier League and that looks almost certain as they are 19 points clear of third place.
They must pay the Bundesliga club €15 million to sign him. The 22-year-old has admitted he would love to play in the Premier League but said he is still a Gladbach player.
The German youth international came through Gladbach’s youth system, and it is unsurprising that he still has the club on his mind despite a successful loan to Burnley.
Beyer has featured in 21 of Burnley’s 34 Championship games this season. He has helped the team keep nine clean sheets and contributed one goal and two assists.
Gladbach would love to bring the centre-back back to the club. Sporting director Roland Virkus said he would be happy if he returned but understands it is not just about what they want.
Burnley may also consider signing Michael Obafemi permanently. Despite being a summer target, he only joined them on loan during the January transfer window.
Swansea City rejected two bids from Burnley for the Irish forward, only to allow him to join them months later. Obafemi recently scored his first goal for the Clarets off the bench.
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback
- Everton’s ten-point deduction puts Sean Dyche contract talks on hold
- The worst Premier League starts ever
- Gavi out for the rest of the season
- Celtic & Rangers top list of most expensive Champions League away days
- Jeremie Frimpong: Should Bayern or Man Utd take advantage of his €40m release clause?
- Tottenham join race for Man United target Jean-Clair Todibo
- Ljungberg: Arsenal title challenge in trouble with key stats not in their favour
- Referee admitted penalty decision against Wolves was wrong, rages Gary O’Neil after Fulham defeat