Atalanta centre-back Giorgio Scalvini continues to attract suitors following an impressive breakout season this term.
The 19-year-old is considered among the best young prospects in Europe, having made 18 appearances in all competitions.
A key member of Gian Piero Gasperini’s three-man defence, Scalvini boasts incredible numbers defensively and passing-wise.
As shown by FBref, he ranks in the 97th percentile for progressive passes, 96th and 92nd for tackles and interceptions respectively.
The Italian centre-back already has three international caps to his name and is considered the future of Azzurri.
With plenty of clubs hot on his trail, it will be difficult for La Dea to hold on to Scalvini for a long time.
Manchester City are reportedly showing interest in Scalvini, while Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool are also in the mix.
While having shrugged off the exit speculation earlier, the Italian has now revealed his desire to move to the English top flight.
Scalvini told Corriere dello Sport (h/t Football Italia): “For me it’s the best league there is, for the intensity. Once in my career, I don’t even know when, I’d like to play there.”
It could be a setback for Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan and Juventus, who are also keeping tabs on Scalvini’s situation.
The Nerazzurri have lined up the La Dea prospect as a potential replacement for Milan Skriniar, but they may fail to compete against Premier League finances.
- Simone Inzaghi could leave Inter Milan in the summer, Thiago Motta a potential replacement
- Harry Redknapp avails himself for a return to Spurs as an aide to Ryan Mason
- Barcelona to take further legal action as they risk losing Gavi for free in the summer
- Bayern set condition to sign Joao Cancelo permanently
- Arsenal set to face MLS All-star team coached by Wayne Rooney in US summer tour