Borussia Dortmund have tabled a massive offer to sign Eintracht Frankfurt attacking midfielder Daichi Kamada, according to sport1.
Kamada’s contract with Frankfurt will expire at the end of the season, and the Japan international has expressed a desire to end his seven-year association with the club.
Der BVB are in pole position to sign Kamada and have reportedly held concrete talks with the player’s representatives over a free transfer next summer.
Dortmund sporting director Sebastian Kehl held a private meeting with Kamada’s representatives to discuss the terms of the deal.
They are willing to offer a whopping €40 million salary package to tempt the Japanese playmaker to move to Signal Iduna Park.
The Bundesliga giants have offered the 26-year-old a lucrative five-year deal that will see him earn around €6m per season.
Kamada is reportedly open to the move, but he has not responded to the offer.
Dortmund are already planning for next season, with Mahmoud Dahoud and Jude Bellingham set to leave the club.
Dahoud will be heading elsewhere this summer, while Bellingham is arguably the most sought-after midfielder in Europe.
Bellingham is being tracked by some of Europe’s heavy spenders, with Manchester City and Real Madrid at the forefront of the race for his signature.
He is enjoying his best campaign since joining Frankfurt in 2017, having recorded 13 goals and five assists in 30 games.
Frankfurt have not given up on trying to convince Kamada to extend his stay at Deutsche Bank Park, but Dortmund’s lure could prove too good to turn down for the Japanese midfielder.
- How Brighton could line-up in Athens with Lamptey and Fati injured
- Galatasaray 3-3 Man United: Battle of Istanbul ends in stalemate
- Ten Hag drops Varane again – is a Man United exit imminent?
- Al-Ittihad target former Liverpool director Julian Ward to bolster Salah bid
- Liverpool pair Alisson & Diogo Jota to miss at least five games through injury
- Chelsea to pull Andrey Santos from awful Forest loan – what’s next for the young Brazilian?
- Tottenham to recall exiled star amid injury crisis
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback