Tottenham Hotspur are eyeing up four possible replacements for veteran goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.
Lloris is in the midst of his 11th season at the Lilywhites. In that time, he has made 433 appearances – a tally bettered by only seven players in Tottenham’s history.
Over the last decade, the World Cup winner has been one of the world’s best goalkeepers. However, his form has dipped in recent times, and there are concerns that he is on the decline.
Lloris is 36 now, and has under 18 months remaining on his current contract. Consequently, Spurs may be in the market for someone who can take the gloves long-term.
According to football.london, Tottenham have earmarked four goalkeepers that could arrive in the summer.
AC Milan stopper Mike Maignan has been previously touted to replace Lloris for the France national team. At 27 years old, he is already one of the best goalkeepers in the world and likely has many years left at the top.
He made his breakthrough with Lille, helping them to the Ligue 1 title in 2021. The following season, he completed back-to-back league titles, this time with Milan. Additionally, he was selected as Goalkeeper of the Season in both leagues.
Football.london claims that Georgi Mamardashvili has been on Tottenham’s radar for a couple of years. The 22-year-old has a contract at Valencia until 2027, but they may be forced to sell him due to their current financial situation.
The Georgian’s immediate future could hinge on whether Valencia avoid relegation. They currently sit inside the drop zone in La Liga, two points adrift from safety.
David Raya is also believed to be on Spurs’ list of targets. This season, he has kept eight clean sheets in the Premier League – only Nick Pope, David de Gea and Aaron Ramsdale have more.
The Spain international’s contract expires in 2024, and it is looking possible that he won’t renew at Brentford. As a result, the Bees may look to sell him in the summer while he still has value in the market.
Since making his breakthrough in late 2020, Robert Sanchez has become one of the Premier League’s most reliable goalkeepers. He has made 86 league appearances for Brighton and Hove Albion, keeping 27 clean sheets.
Sanchez’s performances have earned him two caps for the Spain national team. He was part of Luis Enrique’s squad for the 2020 European Championships and the recent World Cup in Qatar.
The source claims that Tottenham have also looked at the likes of Jan Oblak, Emiliano Martinez, Dean Henderson and Jordan Pickford in previous years.
Meanwhile, Napoli’s Alex Meret has been linked in the past, along with Leeds United’s Illan Meslier and Turkish goalkeeper Altay Bayindir.
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback
- Everton’s ten-point deduction puts Sean Dyche contract talks on hold
- The worst Premier League starts ever
- Gavi out for the rest of the season
- Celtic & Rangers top list of most expensive Champions League away days
- Jeremie Frimpong: Should Bayern or Man Utd take advantage of his €40m release clause?
- Tottenham join race for Man United target Jean-Clair Todibo
- Referee admitted penalty decision against Wolves was wrong, rages Gary O’Neil after Fulham defeat