The Austrian defender was withdrawn 25 minutes into Tuesday’s Champions League match at Liverpool.
Alaba injured his hamstring and will spend time on the sidelines.
Brazilian attacker Rodrygo is also a doubt for the Madrid derby. The 22-year-old will undergo tests today to determine his availability for the game.
Los Blancos strolled to a 5-2 win over the Premier League club in the first leg of the European competition’s round of 16 tie.
Focus has shifted to La Liga as Madrid look to catch up with leaders Barcelona.
The defending champions are eight points behind the Catalans after 22 games.
Atletico will be up for a fight at the Santiago Bernabeu against Madrid. Diego Simeone’s side are fourth in the table but need a win to consolidate their position.
The Madrid derby is as fierce as they come, and manager Carlo Ancelotti would love to have Alaba available.
The experience and quality of the 30-year-old have immensely helped the club’s defence.
The former Bayern Munich star featured as a left-back against Liverpool, and Nacho replaced him after getting injured.
Ancelotti could opt for a different formation against their bitter rivals.
Dani Ceballos came in for Rodrygo in the closing stages against the Reds. The Spaniard could retain the spot against Atletico.
Madrid have enough squad depth and should not have a problem replacing the injured duo.
They badly need to win on Saturday to keep their title hopes alive, but picking up three points against their rivals is never easy.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch