Newcastle United players will earn £1 million in bonuses if they win the Carabao Cup, reports the Daily Mail.
The Magpies will face Manchester United on Sunday in their first major final since 1999.
The winners of the competition will take home £100,000, with £50,000 going to the runner-up.
However, Newcastle players will bag 10 times that amount if they emerge victorious.
The Magpies board and the squad struck a deal last summer which would see them land the bonus if they win silverware.
The amount each player will receive will depend on the number of games and minutes played in the Carabao Cup.
Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is also set for a bonus if his side wins.
They were dealt a massive blow last weekend after Nick Pope was sent off against Liverpool.
The Magpies’ first-choice goalkeeper handled the ball outside the box and was shown his marching orders. He will serve a three-game ban as a result of the red card.
Loris Karius is expected to be in goal against the Red Devils. Martin Dubravka is cup-tied having played in the competition for Man United during his loan spell earlier this term.
Karl Darlow is on loan at Championship club Hull City, while Mark Gillespie is also an option.
The former Motherwell goalie last played for Newcastle in 2020-21 and is behind Karius in the pecking order.
The German joined the Tyneside club last September as a free agent but is yet to make his debut.
Every club have bonuses for players when they win silverware. However, the Newcastle squad had to protest to force Mike Ashley to agree to them during his reign.
Some players refused to fulfil club-mandated media commitments in 2017-18 and 2018-19 until the former owner backed down.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped